Feeling stressed? We’re right there with you. Anxiety is something everyone deals with to some degree. The good news is that there’s no shame in feeling unsettled or fearful about what the future may bring, but operating from a full-time place of anxiety isn’t great for you. You have to find ways to calm those fears—that could mean talking to a therapist or getting plenty of exercise. Perhaps it’s as simple as looking to the Good Book for some Bible verses about strength, which can help bring a little serenity.
When you get overwhelmed, take a deep breath, check out a few Bible quotes about worry, and for an even more positive boost, read some Bible verses about love to serve as comforting reminders that you aren’t ever alone.
We have collected the 15 best Bible verses to reduce your anxiety and be reassured of God’s divine love and sovereignty over this world. Jesus tells us that we will face troubles and hardships in life, but we can have peace knowing he has already overcome!
May these words of the Bible serve as reminders for you of the promises of God for peace and strength. As you read these Bible verses for anxiety, pray and call out to God to heal your heart and mind.
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. (Psalm 94:19)
- When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18)
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
- It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. (Psalm 3:3
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10)
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. (Proverbs 12:25)
- The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9)
- For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)